Monday, September 20, 2010

First day back to "Homeschooling"

So, this is where I am supposed to say "Today was our first day back to homeschooling and everything was great, boy isn't homeschooling FUN?!". Nope, not going to say it. Today was our first day, and we got through it, but it was certainly not easy. The kids are pushing to see how much they can get away with. The big kids want to see how little they can do and get by, and Troy thinks it's all fun and games. I mean, why listen to a story when you can just go in the living room and watch TV with Daddy? I know it will get better. We are starting a routine. The kids will learn not only what they need to be academically, but what they need to be doing on personal levels too.

Chris said "Wow, you are being really tough on them". Well, yes I am. If I am not, they will keep pushing. I can let up when they get serious. Right? Well, I know that is the right thing.

I dream of a day when we can "school" in a dedicated school room. Right now, we are schooling in the master bedroom. Master bedroom? Yes, master bedroom. The dining area is too small. The living room is full of distractions. So, our bedroom is co-existing as our schoolroom. Not the best thing for a marriage, but you do what you have to do. Did I mention that the master is also Troy's room?

Here is my area (this was here since I established an "office" in my room. You can see Tucker's desk there to the right.



This is Michaela's desk. You can see a little bit of Troy's work area to the right of her desk.



Here is Michaela at Tucker's desk working...no clue why she is there. She just jumped there right before I snapped the pic.

This is our whiteboard & calendar area. (yes, that is Troy's bed to the right, lol)

This is Troy's little desk and work area.


Tucker doing spanish at my desk...




Michaela decided the room was "too loud" and relocated herself to the shower to read.

Tomorrow will be better, and it will continue to get better. I expect a near mutiny when I implement the big kids language arts program which is extensive, but they will get over it and be better in the end.

I am still optimistic and excited. I know that this is God's plan for our family, and with his help we will make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.