Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pulled Pork

This is blog one of three today...this is about my pulled pork, which is TO DIE FOR YUMMY!!!

Last night I placed a pork roast (shoulder) in my crock pot. I sliced two onions and layered the slices of one on bottom, placed roast, and another layer of onions on top. I then emptied a packet of italian dressing (dry) on the top, and poured one can of giner ale on that. I let it cook on low for 12.5 hours. I then drained the liquid reserving the onions and meat. I let it sit in the colander in the sink to cool. This is what it looked like at that point.

DSC_0411

After this, I pulled it apart and threw it all back in the crock pot.

DSC_0413

I then added two bottles of yummy BBQ sauce

DSC_0415

But, it was still dry. After burning some in my crock pot last week, I was NOT risking that again, so I added a can of ginger ale.

DSC_0417

I then cooked it on low for 4 hours. The recipe called for 6, but at 4 it was evident it had had enough, and further cooking would leave me with a nasty mess like the last time. (I didn't even know you could scorch food on low in a crock pot...apparently you can!)

DSC_0451

DSC_0455



No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.