Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Life

I am one of "those" people who thrives on new starts. What better time for a new start than a new year, right? I am also one who never really does the resolution thing. However, I do have one this year. What is that? To get healthier. This means I signed back up for weight watchers, and I will be exercising three days a week. A great start a do believe. My goal is to have 52 weeks where I do not go off of my eating plan at all.

I have also challenged myself to complete some other tasks on a daily or weekly basis. These are listed as follows:

  • Do a 365 days of pictures project and post them here on my blog
  • Read at least one book a week
  • Write a letter or note by hand every day
  • Try a new recipe at least once a week (another tool getting to my healthy goal)
  • Do one load of laundry a day so I never get behind
  • Read some of the Bible daily...now, I almost signed up for the "read the Bible in 90 days" again, but chose to do the "Read the Bible in a Year instead". Much more realistic for me at this point.
This is it. This is all. So far, all I need to do is catch up on my handwritten notes. I am one day behind as I was driving all day yesterday. I will allow myself the chance to do two days in one if I am out of service one day for one reason or another.

I turn 35 in one month. I have vowed that year #35 will be the best yet, a new start to a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.