Monday, June 29, 2009

Took a little time...

I got up super early today and didn't want to wake the kids, so I got on here and redid my blog background. It is way more work than doing the background on myspace, but I finally got it to a point where I could live with it. I tried for two hours to do things that just weren't working. I was getting so frustrated. Maybe I will try again some other day.

I guess you see my pic from "Wordless Wednesday" this past week? Well, her name is *Shelby* and she is only 6 weeks old. She cannot come home until she is 8 weeks old, so we still have a wait. Chris has wanted an English Bulldog since highschool, and now he has one. The puppy stage is NOT exciting me, but I am certain she will bring us lots of joy. The kids are beyond excited. Her name is actually "Millie" right now, but Chris renamed her. Picking out a new name was a  rodeo too. I REALLY wanted her to be named Thelma, but it was vetoed multiple times. far as my MS, I do realize the doc told me absolutely not to get fatigued.  However, I am Super Woman, right? WRONG! So, I guess I have a complex that makes me feel like I am Super Woman and I signed up for 17 extra shifts this schedule. Not just any shifts, these are late night shifts. 7pm-1am. Factor into that my 1.5 hour drive each way and the fact that I am up with kids all day. I get up somewhere between 7 and 9 am (or days like today, 4:30) and if I am working one of my extra shifts, I am up until 4ish again. Did a few of these shifts and even one where I stayed late and didn't get home until 6am. Threw my sleep schedule off, got to where I was having a major fit of insomnia for over a week. Then, after only 2 hours of sleep Friday night, I tried to work Saturday. I was stumbling and slurring and having the beginnings of an obvious flare. It was horrible. I can only blame myself. I know better. So, I left work early. Praise the ladies I work with for realizing that I was off and allowing me to go home, while they picked up the extra therapy I had left for the day. I slept from the time I got home until about 7, then again from about 11 to 11 Sunday. I finally feel rested. However, I am scheduled for another shift tonight. I am about to email my boss and let him know who these are effecting me, and see if they have another option (someone else to work them).

Everything is looking good on our house. The lender says she sees no reason for the underwriters to kick the loan back, but nothing is 100%. I am just so scared something will go wrong. At this point I am just being cautiously optimistic.

I guess that is all for now...take care and I hope everyone has a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.