Saturday, May 26, 2012

Confession: I am a brand name snob



I know...this is not becoming of a Christian woman. 

But, it is the truth.

I am sitting here thinking over the things I buy and the things I turn my nose up at.

There is something to be said for good quality.

I have bought into the lie that "the higher the price, the better the quality".
For example, I decided that since VS bras were expensive, they had to be good.
Same with their underwear.
So, with my weight loss I bought me some.
Let me tell you, there is no difference in quality of their underwear vs. Hanes. 
Seriously. Actually, I think my Hanes have held up longer.

I buy my little one's clothing from Gymboree. 
This is a case where through experience I *know* that the quality is worth the cost. 
Still, I buy only during sales. 

My challenge to myself is to stop being fooled by advertising and go with the best bargain for quality.
This means I will shop for quality, not for price or brand. 

I have thankfully never bought into the Coach purse fad...
(or any luxury high-dollar fashion trend)

For that I am grateful...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.