Friday, February 12, 2010

RIP Aunt Cherry


My aunt Cherry passed away yesterday. We knew it was coming, but still, it is hard. She had cancer and had beat it 2 times. The third time it got her though. Nasty monster that is is .

I did get to tell her goodbye though. I drive from Texas to Arizona and sat by her hospital bed for 4 days. Throughout those days I was able to tell her everything I needed to tell her, and I was able to get closure on some things.

My aunt Cherry called me when my son Brody died. She cried with me and told me of her son, the twin to her Robert, that she also lost. She knew my pain and wanted to offer me her shoulder in a time of need. That meant the world to me, and I had never told her. She had me come stay with them in the summers until I was 11. Those were GREAT memories for me. I got to tell her that too. I also got to visit with her husband, Uncle Allen, who fought the doctors to save my life when I was born so premature, and he was the first family member to ever hold me. He means a lot to me too. I got to visit with him and tell him everything I needed to say too. I was very blessed for that opportunity.

On the third day at the hospital, Aunt Cherry pointed to me and told her nurse "She had a baby that died, and now I am going to take care of him". What moving and powerful words.

So, Aunt Cherry, give my boy hugs and kisses from us and tell him how much we love and miss him. Thank you for caring for him. We love and miss you too.


1 comment:

  1. So sorry. My thoughts and best wishes are with you.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.