Saturday, June 4, 2011

The man of the house



There are plenty of times when I can post things that are bothering me, but I try not to do that. I want to praise my husband though. He has been a doll this week. He seems to be changing and I *like* the changes I am seeing. For example, the other day I got *nothing* done around the house. Why? Because the children and I piled up on the couch and watched a crime drama marathon for 8-10 hours (not really sure, but it was a long time). When hubby came home, I expected a little bit of irritation. There was none. He said "Ah, everyone needs an off day now and then. I am sure the kids really enjoyed down time with you."

Yesterday he called and I was laying by the pool trying to get some sun. He asked what I was doing, and I told him. He playfully said to me "don't EVER let me hear you complain about what a rough life you lead!". I replied "Do I *ever* complain, I know how blessed I am", he said "No, you really don't complain".

I don't want to complain. I want to bloom where I am planted. Midland Texas...not my favorite place on earth, true. However, I do live a good life even if in the dry barren high priced desert.  My husband loves me and at 37ish, is maturing into a new person that is even better than the day before. How lucky am I? All I can do is try to change to be more of what he needs.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.