Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The verses

My daughter has started using dry erase markers and writing scripture verses on her bathroom mirrors, her bedroom mirrors, and on various dry erase boards around the house. I saw this as an opportunity to encourage her in her prayer life and reading the bible. So, I asked her to pray about it and every few days to put a verse on our bathroom mirror (in the master bath) and also on the dry erase board in Troy's room. I just asked that it be something she felt we needed.

So, imagine my alert when she wrote our verse on our mirror today and it was:

1 Corinthians 7
10And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
 11But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

I just stood and stared at it, wondering *WHY* on earth she would chose this one for us. I mean, it is not like we are in discord (lately) or anything. So, I asked her. Now, remember she is 13. I have a tendency to look at her as much more grown up than she is (she is 5'10") and sometimes forget she is still very much a child. She says "Last week you and Daddy had an argument, and I don't want you guys to split up".  Wow.

Now, this argument she spoke of was the little spat we had about my car not being vacuumed. Really, it was silly and about nothing even worth arguing about. I didn't think a second about it once it was over. However, this verse is OBVIOUSLY what we needed, for sure. Because there is danger of divorce? No. Absolutely not. However, it is a reminder of the effect our words and actions have on our children, even the older more seasoned ones.  They see things in a different way and their fears are intense. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.