Sunday, April 24, 2011

He's Alive!

My favorite Easter song is "He's Alive" as sung by Dolly Parton. It always gives me chills and brings me to tears. Amazing Love our God has for us.



 






LYRICS:


The gates and doors were barred and all the windows fastened down
I spent the night in sleeplessness and rose at every sound
Half in hopeless sorrow and half in fear the day
Would find the soldiers breaking through to drag us all away

And just before the sunrise I heard something at the wall
The gate began to rattle and a voice began to call
I hurried to the window looked down into the street
Expecting swords and torches and the sound of soldier's feet

But there was no one there but Mary so I went down to let her in
John stood there beside me as she told me where she'd been
She said they've moved him in the night and none of us knows where
The stone's been rolled away and now his body isn't there

So, we both ran toward the garden then John ran on ahead
We found the stone and empty tomb just the way that Mary said
But the winding sheet they'd wrapped him in was just an empty shell
And how or where they'd taken him was more than I could tell

Oh, something strange had happened there just what I did not know
John believed a miracle but I just turned to go
Circumstance and speculation couldn't lift me very high
Cause I'd seen them crucify him then I saw him die

Back inside the house again the guilt and anguish came
Everything I'd promised him just added to my shame
When at last it came to choices I denied I knew his name
And even if he was alive it wouldn't be the same

Then suddenly the air was filled with a strange and sweet perfume
Light that came from everywhere drove shadows from the room
And Jesus stood before me with his arms held open wide
And I fell down on my knees and I just clung to him and cried

Then he raised me to my feet and as I looked into his eyes
The love was shining out from him like sunlight from the skies
Guilt in my confusion disappeared in sweet release
And every fear I'd ever had just melted into peace

He's alive! Yes He's alive! Yes He's alive
And I'm forgiven, heaven's gates are open wide!
He's alive! Yes He's alive! Yes He's alive
And I'm forgiven heaven's gates are open wide!
He's alive! He's alive! Hallelujah He's alive!
He's alive and I believe it! 
He's alive! Sweet Jesus!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yes! He is risen indeed! Thanks for sharing the video - beautiful song delivered beautifully by the masterful storyteller in song, Dolly Parton.

    ReplyDelete

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.