Thursday, April 28, 2011

My heart is breaking...

I am so upset about the devastation by the tornadoes in the south. Alabama's state emergency management agency said it had confirmed 162 deaths, while there were 32 in Mississippi, 32 in Tennessee, 13 in Georgia, eight in Virginia and one in Kentucky


Many of you know I am a big fan of the University of Alabama. The home of UofA is in Tuscaloosa, which was the hardest hit by the storm. Please join me in praying for all of those effected by the storms, and for those who are going to do relief work. 


Please donate if you have the resources. You can volunteer your time, your money, and even your blood. They are saying there is a dire need for blood. Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox asks for volunteers to call 205-561-4169. You can also text "GIVE" to 80888 to make a donation to the Salvation Army's tornado response if you want to help the victims.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.