Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fried Avocados and Honey Cilantro Lime dip


This here was the recipe I used. WAIT! Don't leave yet, I need to tell you something. I had to tweak it. That recipe just didn't have enough flavor to it, so I added and changed after the first batch.

The sauce, it is great. I liked a little more jalepeno and honey in it. That was the only modification. SUPERB!

The breading, it needed major adjustment. First of all, to the flour I added some more salt, some powdered garlic, and some cumin to it. I added those things to the panko crumbs too, as well as some crushed red pepper to the panko. Not too much, I don't like anything real spicy.  Also, to the egg mixture I added milk instead of water and I also put about 1/2 tsp of the cilantro lime dip in it and mixed.

They turned out AMAZING! We are all fans now.

(Panko are japanese bread crumbs...you can find them right next to the old fashioned ones)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love avocados - plain, on sandwiches, in guac, in potato salad....this is a new idea for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.