Monday, August 29, 2011

First day of "school"

Today was day one for us. I will be updating my blog here shortly to show ALL of our curriculum.

The day went super well for Michaela...she is on the ball I tell you!

Troy...well, he had a rough start. He decided to test Momma today. We were working on his "Phonics Road" curriculum, which requires him to practice handwriting and phonics, and he refused to write. I mean FLAT OUT REFUSED. At one point he looked at me and ever so seriously said "What? It's not like the world is going to explode, crumble apart, and end if I can't make my o's right". I tried not to laugh, really I did. But, in the end Michaela and I both burst out laughing. If he had not been so serious, it would have infuriated me even more so than I was that he was refusing to try. In the end, I won out. After TWO-AND-A-HALF hours, he finally did what I was asking. I had to pray for strength. A lot. I knew it was a defiance issue and one that had to be dealt with. I pray tomorrow we do not have round two.

After that incident, the day went beautifully. Today we also had a special "guest". Here are our back to school pictures...


This is Bella, a Golden Retreiver Michaela walks...she paid us a visit for a couple of hours this morning.


Good FIRST MORNING OF SCHOOL Troy! 


And she came back this afternoon to visit again...


Michaela looking absolutely radiant on her first day of 8th grade!

(And no, the kids did not plan to wear skull & cross bone shirts their first day...it just happened that way. Odd, since each of them only owns ONE shirt with the symbol on it.)





 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.