Friday, February 13, 2009

I am so dead meat...

Let's see if I can make a long story short. We live way out in the country, and our school is down 2 dirt roads, pre-K through 12th grade. SMALL. Anyhow, I went to take Michaela her valentines stuff and there is this beautiful white puppy in the playground fence (locked in). The principal was outside and I asked him what was up with THIS one. (There are always dogs all over the school and those roads down there, but not fenced in.) He told me that someone dumped them (4, obviously same litter) last week, and the big dogs in town had killed the rest of them. They kept trying to get someone to take them home, but they didn't. They put this one on the playground and they were going to take him to the pound today after school (the principal was).  

So, I scooped him up and brought him home. We have a lot of ranches out here, and a great many of them have Great Pyrenees because of the predator problems (the dogs protect livestock). There seems to be an overabundance of them that are strays, at the shelters, and in the paper around here. Why don't they FIX their dogs? Anyhow, I am sure that is what he is. His fur is awful thin for a GP, but his tail is bushy. He may be a mix, it will take awhile to get him the right nutrition to see what he will really look like. He is so cute. I'm guessing he's about 3 to 4 months old. He is bigger than our other puppies, but I think he is younger by watching his actions. You can kinda see on his nose where he is healing from bites on his nose, there are more in his fur you can't see. :( Chris said NO more pets, but I couldn't stop myself. I love him already.  

Him PhotobucketHe and Blue

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.