Saturday, April 3, 2010

"The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks, Easter, and whatever

I saw the trailer for this movie and it looked awesome. I have a principle that if I *know* a movie is based on a book, I must read the book first. So, I went out and bought the book. I finally started it Thursday. I did not read any during the day yesterday, but finished it by staying up until 2 am this morning. I can honestly say it has been a long time since a book has moved me to so many tears. I mean...seriously, the last few chapters were constant waterworks.

So, am I saying you should avoid it? NO WAY! I cry pretty easy sometimes, but this book is beautiful. It wasn't sad so much, just moving. Yeah, there was some sadness and loss, but that is life. As the song goes "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful life".

We are going to see the movie later today after we go egg huntin'. Hopefully it won't stray much from the book, cause I hate it when that happens.

One of these days I may actually see a movie BETTER than the book. That would be cool, but I am not sure it is possible.

Hubby invited a friend from work and his family over to have Easter dinner tomorrow. That is all well and good except my fridge is the size of a small cooler. So, when I grocery shop I must fill the cooler outside and ice it down so that I can cook enough for that many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.