So, when others site Proverbs 24, 17-20
(Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth,
and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him,
and he turn away his wrath from him.
Fret not thyself because of evil men,
neither be thou envious at the wicked:
For there shall be no reward to the evil man;
the candle of the wicked shall be put out.)
I must also site
1. To You I will cry, O LORD my Rock: Do not be silent to me, Lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit.
2. Hear the voice of my supplications When I cry to You, When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.
3. Do not take me away with the wicked And with the workers of iniquity, Who speak peace to their neighbors, But evil is in their hearts.
4. Give them according to their deeds, And according to the wickedness of their endeavors; Give them according to the work of their hands; Render to them what they deserve.
5. Because they do not regard the works of the LORD, Nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them And not build them up.
6. Blessed be the LORD, Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
7. The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.
8. The LORD is their strength, And He is the saving refuge of His anointed.
9. Save Your people, And bless Your inheritance; Shepherd them also, And bear them up forever.
I think God expects us to feel joy when good overcomes evil. When we pray for justice and justice is served, he expects us to rejoice in HIS ways. No, we should not rejoice at death itself, but rejoice in the justice and judgement that God promises. We all knew when the day came that Osama died, he would face our maker and have to stand in judgement. He has done that now. Would I have preferred he turned his eyes to God and became a man of God, OF COURSE!!! But, he was an evil man, one very against our God and he was a great pawn for Satan. He knew the gospel and chose to turn away from it. He made his bed. Now he will lie in it for eternity.