Thursday, March 12, 2009

I am sleepy

I feel really good, but just sleepy. I think I'll nap with Troy today. 

Michaela is at Science camp with the school. It is a 3-day sleepover camp. She is having a blast. She gets to call home every night. Troy is upset with her for not coming home from school. LOL

I am reading a book called "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris. It is about following God's plan for romantic life and not dating. We have decided that we are going to teach our children "courtship" in lieu of dating and this book makes me even feel stronger on the subject. Not only for following God, but for our children's personal life. I feel it is much better mentally and I wish I would have been taught this and practiced it.

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't seen it already, you might want to take a look at my blog where I critique Harris's book. One of my biggest concerns with the book is that he gives a one sided view on his philosophy almost like a salesman selling a product. He "forgets" to mention the defects of his approach and the problems it has caused over the years.

    www.ikdg.wordpress.com
    "I Kissed Dating Goodbye: Wisdom or Foolishness?"

    If my blog does nothing else but makes one think about this alternative vs. blindly accepting it as better than it has served its purpose.

    ReplyDelete

I *love* getting feedback and comments. I will publish links to other blogs, just as long as they are not derogatory to a belief I hold in high esteem. I will post comments that disagree with my stance, as long as they are respectfully written. Most importantly, I will do my best to reply to all of my comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.